Most people have had back pains at least once. Pain usually occurs in the lower part of the lower back. The reasons can be both the consequences of the most common cold and severe injury.
Features of occurrence
Back pain can be persistent or intermittent and acute or chronic. It depends on different circumstances. Common reasons for its appearance:
- disk rupture;
- menstrual cramps;
- kidney stones;
- impaired posture;
- spinal injury;
- lifting weights.
Back pain symptoms
The pain differs depending on the disease. For example, when a disc is pinched, there is sudden or progressively worsening pain. It starts in the back and spreads to the buttocks and legs. A person needs peace, since movement, sneezing, coughing only increase the pain. A disease such as appendicitis causes severe back pain. If it persists, see your doctor immediately! The symptoms of endometriosis are pain and spasm in the lower back. Usually, before or during the menstrual cycle, the pain increases. When stretching the lower back, acute pain occurs, with lateral movements, muscle spasm occurs. Peace can make you feel better.
Symptoms that signal problems:
- noise in ears;
- back pain pulling, aching, constant;
- numbness in the limbs;
- pain when bending the head and turning the body.
The most dangerous symptoms are:
- violation of urination;
- nausea, vomiting;
- increased pain.
It is enough for an experienced doctor to examine the spine and listen to the patient's complaints to diagnose the disease. But there are situations when these actions are not enough. In these cases, special diagnostic methods are used - X-rays, computed and magnetic resonance imaging.
After the diagnosis is made, the following therapeutic measures are taken:
- manual therapy;
- surgical treatment;
- drug therapy;
- remedial gymnastics;
Will help relieve back pain and folk remedies:
- Grate horseradish and mix with sour cream. Put the resulting mass on the lower back, cover with a napkin and tie it on top with a woolen scarf or scarf.
- Use St. John's wort, thyme, black elderberry, and chamomile. A hot compress of these herbs with a wrap will warm your back well if it has been chilled. The procedure is best done at night.
- Burdock leaves are distinguished by the healing effect. Pre-dry them, then pour boiling water over them and apply to the sore spot for an hour.
- Horse chestnut is widely used. Thoroughly grind the dried flowers into a powder, take ghee and camphor oil, mix the ingredients in equal proportions. Spread the mixture on a piece of brown bread and apply to the sore spot.
- Compresses based on garlic infusion are used. It is mixed with lemon juice. Soak a cotton napkin in this mixture and apply it on the sore spot for twenty minutes.
The best way to prevent back pain is through a variety of physical exercises. It is also necessary to monitor the correct posture while walking and sitting. Lifting weights is contraindicated not only for women, but also for men.
If you are suffering from persistent back pain, then immediately contact a therapist who, if necessary, will refer you to a neurologist, orthopedist, surgeon or nephrologist.