Back pain is an inevitable phenomenon that we face in our lives sooner or later. Even if you are not sleepers stacker or loader, not a woman carrying home a lot of daily pound bags, not the Amateur gardener working in the garden at his dacha in the spring sowing period, and not an athlete weightlifter pain can not be avoided anyway. You can only wonder seems to be sitting, not straining the whole day at the computer, virtually no loads, but by the end of the day starts to ache and lower back discomfort occurs in the neck, shoulder area and shoulders. What's the matter? Why for no reason back pain?
Why back pain and how to treat it
Shock wave therapy is one of the most effective treatments for back pain of different origin. The main advantage of this technique is considered quick relief of pain syndrome. In just 4-5 sessions, you can forget about the problem. We offer you to see how the treatment of back pain with shock wave therapy in the medical centres of Moscow.
In fact, the causes of back pain are lots. And the very first of them was anatomical. The core design of many links, when upright, is very fragile: it undergoes a longitudinal (compressive) and transverse loads. To be strictly vertical, it can only be in a state of tension, that is, if the ends of it to tie strings and pull them — the web is straightforward, and is the strings to let go — to take a shaky, crooked.
Something like this reminds of the spine: it performs the role of the Central core of this remarkable bio-design — the human body, and the role of tightening the threads perform the back muscles. Imagine now that the rod still attached and the body with all of its internal organs, so poor fibers-the muscles need to withstand not only the weight of the spine of the rod, but the weight of the whole body, and being constantly.
Unwittingly come to the conclusion that indeed the Creator we conceived first Homo erectus, because "the fee for bipedalism" is kind of prohibitive. Open any medical reference in the section "Diseases of the musculoskeletal system," to verify this.
The most common causes of back pain
However, right to conclude that once a bad back, then you will certainly something seriously sick is not worth it. More than 80% of back pain can occur periodically for the following reasons:
- a muscle strain due to physical exertion
- prolonged exposure of the spine in the same posture during sleeping, sitting at the computer, transport, etc.
- hypothermia the back for being in the draft, in front of the air conditioner, when leaving the hot room into the fresh cool air, cold bathing.
- old previously acquired and poorly healed injuries (sprains, bruises)
Much less back pain for reasons really serious illnesses. What could be the reason? They are the most diverse and are not always associated with damage to the spine segments and the ensuing diseases.
It happens that a person has some kind of a sick body, and you experience pain radiating to the back, for example:
- when kidney patients the pain radiates to the lower back
- gynecological diseases in women the pain may radiate to the lumbosacral
- in the presence of tumor pain may radiate to certain parts of the back
Therefore, before treatment of back pain is necessary first to establish its true causes, that is, to conduct a thorough diagnosis of the presence of other possible diseases.
Chronic back pain
Always be wary of chronic pain that is present almost always with periods of remission. It is possible that the reason it can be such ailments:
- Low back pain arising from degenerative changes in the tissue of the spinal disc
- Scoliosis — curvature leading to disc displacement, and injury to them nerve root
- Disc herniation with access from the drive of its nucleus into the spinal cord or (even worse) in the direction of the spinal cord
- Spondylolisthesis — slipping of upper vertebra on the lower, as a result of deformation of the legs of the vertebra, causing the spine becomes like a ladder with exposed treads
- Bechterew's disease (spondylitis), inflammation of ligaments and joints, leading to their immobility. It is mainly affects men. The risk of this rare disease in its ongoing development — the gradual capture of spine to switch on the internal organs: lungs, kidneys, heart, blood vessels, organs of vision.
- Cancer — a tumor in the spine may be primary, but most often occurs in the form of metastases from other organs. The percentage of the total number of causes about one percent.
- Spinal infection — tuberculosis, osteomyelitis, syphilis and other diseases as causes of pain are particularly rare (about 0.01%)
- Compression fractures — a disease, unfortunately, relatively common (about 4%). In youth occurs mainly in athletes because of excessive loads, and injuries in old age — because of the phenomena, because of which the vertebrae no longer withstand the self weight of the person.
- Myalgia is a chronic, due to persistent hypothermia, inflammation of muscle tissue
In all cases, after treatment the pain and inflammation you need to treat the underlying disease that caused the pain.
The types of back pain: causes and treatment
The most effective pain relief in back:
- Medical gymnastics (exercises for back pain)
- Laser MLS (after the 2nd session the pain goes away)
- Hivamat (a unique treatment that relieves the pain immediately, but it should be like 2-3 times.)
The nature of pain you can pre-determine its cause and prescribe an appropriate treatment.
Acute pain (lumbago) — can have the following reasons:
- Complications of scoliosis — pinched nerve in the result of disc displacement
- Osteohondroznye deformation of the vertebrae and compression of the nerve root herniated discs
- Spondylolisthesis and other diseases
- Traumas and injuries received as a result of drops In this case, you may need not only conservative but also surgical treatment.
- Diseases of internal organs.
For the diagnosis plays a big role in determining the back pain:
Sharp pains can be due to:
- kidney stones
- exacerbations of intestinal diseases
- inflammation of the ureter
- rupture of the cyst in women and other diseases
Girdle pain is a very serious signal indicating such possible diseases:
- the aggravation of pancreatitis
- stones in the gallbladder
- myocardial infarction
- rupture of the esophagus
- aneurysm of the lower aorta.
If back pain in the blades, it could mean:
- neuro-muscular myopathy and paralysis of adjacent muscles to the blades, resulting in the development of the so-called "winged" scapula
- osteomyelitis developed after open injuries
- benign tumors and malignant sarcomas of the blades
- myocardial infarction
- aneurysm of thoracic aorta
Pain under left shoulder blade sharp is also very disturbing, because it indicates such diseases:
- myocardial infarction
- perforated ulcer of the stomach
- intercostal neuralgia
Sharp pain in upper part of the back:
- pneumothorax (penetration of light)
- pleurisy (accumulation of fluid in the lung)
- cancer of the lung and bronchus
- attack cholecystitis — the pain is concentrated under the ribs on the right and the epigastric region, but its impact is wide: the right scapula and shoulder, the hand, the left side of the sternum
- an attack of acute pancreatitis — the pain experienced under the left scapula, in the chest on the left and heart
Such an impressive diagnosis says only one thing: when back pain sharp pain, go, without delay, to the physician self-treatment is unacceptable.
Acute pain (sciatica) — sharp dagger of pain of the lumbosacral (sciatica), often radiating to the buttock and leg can be due to:
- pinched sciatic nerve arising from the degenerative disc disease, herniation and displacement of intervertebral disc, spinal stenosis
- inflammation of the sciatic nerve as a result of hypothermia
- spasm of the piriformis muscle
- infectious diseases and tumors
- late pregnancy
Treatment of acute pain caused by progressive diseases of the spine, such as scoliosis, osteochondrosis and other, as well as their complications, should be carried out according to the generally accepted scheme:
First is medical treatment for elimination of acute pain and inflammation:
- taking pain, nonsteroidal or steroid anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants
Then a course of medication, improving brain function, nervous system and circulatory system
After that, a direct treatment of the underlying cause of pain osteochondrosis, hernia, spondylosis and other ailments:
- the restoration of the destroyed bone tissue protectors
- physical therapy, massage, physical therapy
In the most severe cases, to eliminate entrapment resort to surgeries, however, this rarely occurs.
Nagging back pain — most often in the lower back can cause by the following reasons:
- Lumbosacral osteochondrosis, spondylosis, and other spinal pathology in the chronic stage
- Inflammation of the lumbar muscles (myositis)
- Adnexitis (inflammation of the appendages) in women)
- Heavy physical activity
- Long awkward pose
- An old injury, often nagging "weather"
In each case, the treatment differential. Combine both medicinal herbs and folk therapies. For example:
- muscle pain well to treat dry warmth, wearing a belt of dog hair
- when adnexitis long used decoctions of the special multi-component herbal
Pain in athletes and due to surge can occur due to over-training, heavy lifting and sharp turns and inclinations of the torso, which becomes stiff. In this case, the treatment is simple exercises for relaxation and stretching of muscles:
- Need to lie down on the couch on his side, tucked under the head and between the legs of the pillow
- Then lie on the floor up and hugging her knees, pull them towards the chest
- Lying on your side, stretch your legs at a right angle to the body and resting her hands on the back of the head, tilt the head to the stomach
- Then, maintaining the lateral position, straighten and bend the top leg at the knee, pulling it closer to her stomach. Upper hand take the back and lower under the head. Now try simultaneously both shoulder blades and the knee of the bent leg to touch the floor
Treatment can be supplemented, after after exercise by rubbing gels and ointments and massages, it is also very relaxing pulled muscles and calms the pain.
Summing up all the above, we can draw these conclusions:
- Treatment of acute pain should be conducted only by a doctor from the moment of their occurrence. Do not put yourself diagnosis.
- To seek help you need as quickly as possible because of possible hazardous to health, and perhaps life, causes.
- Chronic pain, the nature of which you already know you can treat at home with the use as a pharmaceutical, and folk remedies. However, the control of the physician still must be, as well as the designation of a special physiotherapeutic procedures, massage, exercise therapy and other treatments.
Health to you and may the pain in your life will be less!