Hello, dear readers! Who of us is unfamiliar with the back pain? Such discomfort at least once experienced every. Sometimes the cause of back pain is physical fatigue and sometimes serious disease. In the latter case, the pain and discomfort located in the body for a long time, exterat and causing significant discomfort.
Let's learn how to determine why back pain and how severe the pain originated, to be able to time to consult the right specialist until the problem escalated into a serious disease.
With physical fatigue, everything is clear: winter has left snow in the summer and worked in the garden in a pose "SIC" — aching lower back ensured, especially with the habit. Here the treatment is simple – a pleasant stay. Another thing, when back pain has emerged seems to be no apparent reason. Then, quite possibly, we will talk about the disease.
Symptoms and causes of back pain. Who to contact for help?
The main symptom of this disease is called a dull pain in the back, which was accompanied by a crunch in the spinal column, discomfort. In the future, there is a sense of numbness at the site of injury of the spine, movement is restricted, the pain can become stronger when lifting weights, when a person sneezes, coughs or makes any sudden movement. "Rapiente", a sharp and intense pain occurs because of compression of nerve roots, discs of the spine. A man may feel the pain from several minutes to several days. If struck osteochondrosis thoracic spine, a person starts to hurt heart, because of what is often wrong in determining the cause, knowing not the osteochondrosis, such disease, angina.
When pain from degenerative disc disease becomes permanent, it becomes chronic, the person constantly feels tired, he always wants to lie down to rest, he can't sit long or stand.
Of four feeling pain in the spine, three have her on the cause of osteochondrosis. With age, our spine wears out more and more, therefore, half of the world's population older than 30 years is sick with this disease!
If your suspicions fell on low back pain, your task is to go on consultation to the neuropathologist. You take a photo, recommend a complex of vitamins, adjust the diet and suggest exercises physiotherapy. Today you have the power to plan and make a trip to the pool, because swimming is a wonderful activity for keeping the back in shape.
When the disease is still at an early stage, in the back occurs a dull ache when bending with a turn to the side when you sneeze, cough or lift heavy objects. It is likely to cause feeling of weakness in one leg. With further displacement of the disk from the pain can be dull to sharp, in some cases it radiates to the leg, buttock, or thigh. Because of the pain associated with hernias muscle tension occurs, which degrades the mobility. Given that the pain does not normally straighten up, it is not surprising that the posture of the patient is disturbed.
As usual, intervertebral hernias occur in people over forty years old, and this problem is not rare. If the injury has occurred, the hernia can be formed and up to 40. The person becomes older, the more "settle" his spine – the vertebrae are pressed toward each other closer, drives simulat and protrudes outside of the spine. Any spine can be affected with hernia, and degenerative disc disease.
If you think you have a herniation, you will need to go to the orthopedist or neurologist. The most effective way of diagnosing herniated discs consider a CT scan. The traditional method of treatment of hernias is surgery, although it is not always justified.
Back pain in the spine in some situations, it may be a symptom of compression fracture, which is possible in older people who more than 60 years, this happens due to the increased brittleness of the bones.
In rare cases the onset of pain as a consequence of the formation of tumors of the spine.
Pain arises in the region of the ribs on the side or in the back, lower back and shoulder blades. Pain may be aching or sharp, burning or dull, they can occur from time to time, and may be present all the time. If the pain is acute, it is often felt as Rapiente in the heart.
To these symptoms be added, and skin redness or pallor, excessive sweating, sensation of twitching of certain muscles.
When intercostal neuralgia is the irritation, entrapment, compression of the intercostal nerves. In the place where the disadvantaged and nerve damage, a person can feel numbness of the skin.
To recognize this disease is not easy, because it can masquerade as other diseases, because your job is to consult a therapist and to give the details of your symptoms. You will be assigned to research that will help to determine the diagnosis, the treatment of intercostal neuralgia prescribed ointment relieves pain, b vitamins, nulla, physiotherapy...
Aching pain usually accompanied by kidney damage. During exercise, when a person stands or sits in such situations, pain may occur, however, if you lie down, the pain "let go". Of course, the pain in the back and added additional symptoms of kidney disease: high fever, frequent urination, dark urine, abdominal pain.
Problems in the kidney may give pain not only in lower back but also in the thoracic spine, as it seemed amazing. The fact is that such feelings can provoke the sand or stones in the kidneys, any infection, inflammatory process and "wandering kidney" (it is also called "drooping kidney" — a disease nephroptosis characterized by displacement of the kidney from their place).
When back pain there are other symptoms of kidney disease, your job in the near future to consult with urologist who will recommend you to first do an ultrasound and stick to your diet: remove all the alcohol, spicy and salty foods, and limit physical activity. Besides, you will need to increase the number of drinks per day, plain water or fruit drinks. Suggest to drink a special decoction of diuretic herbs (bearberry, bilberry leaf).
In the waist area (the area of the upper lumbar and lower thoracic vertebrae) pain may occur when stomach ulcers. In this disease the pain appears at night or on an empty stomach and goes after eating.
Gastritis can also cause back pain. Stomach pain may not be felt, but the feeling of emptiness, as if people haven't. Muscular back pain occurs on the left side.
Back pain as a result of problems with the intestinal tract along with possible symptoms such as loose stools, feeling of fullness, flatulence.
If the cause of back pain – stomach problems, it is necessary to cure him, and does not seek to eliminate the pain. Go on reception to the gastroenterologist and pass all the necessary tests. Follow the diet, excluding meats, spicy and fried meals and eat more often, avoiding long intervals between meals. You can, of course, take a course of massage to eliminate pain in the back, but the sick stomach they over time will come back.
Lower back pain in women is often caused by problems with gynecology. She appears in lower back and sometimes radiates to the buttocks. To the rest of the symptoms of problems with gynecology include: specific discharge, unpleasant odour, problems with the menstrual cycle.
Diseases of the female reproductive organs that can cause back pain: the inflammatory process in the ovaries, endometritis (inflammation of the lining of the uterus), various infections and tumors.
If you think you have problems with gynecology, go to a specialist and get an ultrasound. You will be assigned to appropriate diagnosis and treatment are advised to avoid hypothermia and overheating (it is not necessary to visit the sauna and take a hot bath) so as not to provoke an inflammatory process.
Diagnosis for back pain
- Most back pain is called a dull pain in the lower back. She can talk like a hernia or protrusion, about the problems with gynecology or kidneys.
- Most dangerous is pain in the thoracic spine, it is also the most unpredictable. The reason for such pain is a serious problem to health, ranging from heart attack, ending the tumor.
- The most difficult-to-treat — pain in the lumbar region radiating to the leg.
Severe pain in the back is at:
- intervertebral hernia,
With sciatica the pain is aching, sometimes blunt, and sharp. Usually pain discomfort appears with one side of the body, may give a leg, drumstick, thigh, buttock. If the person is coughing, changing body position, walking, the pain becomes stronger. The pain may be burning sensation, numbness, itching, tingling or "chills".
Acute back pain is when:
- the offset discs of the spine due to degenerative disc disease, improper lifting, with dislocation or fracture of the spine, as well as for operations on the spinal column;
- fall, sharp movements, muscle tension, hypothermia;
- lumbago, this is typically the case for those engaged in heavy physical labor. After a few days the sharp pain usually disappears, although it can last up to three weeks;
- renal colic, a feeling of intense pain appears not only in the back, but in the abdomen, feel it sometimes in the genitals;
- problems with the genitourinary system pain occurs in the lower back and abdomen, besides the body temperature becomes high;
- pulmonary diseases, and pain occurs not only in the back and in shoulder blades and chest. May increase when coughing, one feels a General malaise and has a fever.
Aching pain in the back is at:
- inflammation of the muscles of the waist, myositis (inflammation of skeletal muscles). These sensations appear as a consequence of exposure to cold or muscle strain. The affected muscles become rigid and the voltage hurt even more. Although this aching pain quite a long time, it is not strong and does not cause much discomfort.
Chronic back pain occurs when:
- spondylosis (the so-called overgrowth of bone tissue at the edges of the vertebral bodies, which is like the thorns). The pain is aching, often associated symptoms – numbness, weakness in the legs. With the defeat of the cervical pain occurs in the neck, shoulders, when he turns his head;
- ankylosing spondylitis, cancer, osteomyelitis, problems with metabolism.
Pain that radiates to the left or right leg, occurs when:
- inflammation of the sciatic nerve the pain is felt in the sacrum and lower back, back of the thigh or the buttock, foot or lower leg, along with tingling and numbness of the muscles.
Prevention of back pain
In order not to experience discomfort in the back, you should follow these rules:
- Stand and walk correctly, do not slouch or crane your neck, keep your back straight.
- Sitting, leaning back in his chair, feet reliqua at the floor and not throwing one leg over the other. If you have time to sit, place your feet on a small bench, they level should be above the hips. Get up from time to time and make sure to stretch your muscles, do some simple exercises to warm up, change position.
- Correctly lift weights, no sudden movements: first, sat down, took a heavy object and then stand with a straight back.
- Sleep correctly in a semi-rigid bed, lying on his side.
- Enough overload your body physically, regularly do exercises that strengthen the muscles of the back and abdomen. If there are serious problems with the spine, before you start any set of exercises, it is necessary to consult a specialist.
From all physical activities swimming is the most ideal for the health of the spine.
If you set a goal to get rid of back pain, the movement must be present in your life regularly. Go on foot, in vehicles not seek quickly to sit, climb the stairs, bypassing the Elevator. In addition to this, eat right and balanced, think positively (for starters, stop watching the news and "devastating" TV). All these simple changes in your behavior can significantly improve the condition of your spine.