When a doctor diagnoses - cervical osteochondrosis, the symptoms of treatment are inextricably linked. This is because this disease is considered complex and multi-level, this or that symptom will tell not only about the stage of the disease, but also what exactly it extends to, which vital areas of the body were affected.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine
- When the nerve endings of the spinal column are compressed, the symptoms take on their characteristic features. Pain in the neck, arms, and throat develops, and this pain can be immediately reflected in other areas, such as the back. Breathing and swallowing may be difficult and the tongue feels numb or “swollen”. Noise is heard in the ears and shooting pain is possible, vision is "clouded" and "darkens" in the eyes. A person begins to experience severe malaise, which affects various organs, perhaps a feeling of severe fatigue and apathy, there is a desire to lie down and rest. There is usually no relief after rest.
- The vertebral artery loses its ability to fully feed the brain. This threatens with the appearance of a headache (constant or periodic), loss of coordination when walking, dizziness and loss of consciousness. In addition, disturbances in the form of confusion, hallucinations and mental disorders are possible. A person at a certain moment may feel good, and having made any physical effort, he experiences any of these symptoms.
- With circulatory disorders, hypertension, tachycardia and spinal stroke occur. Vegeto-vascular dystonia with pinched vessels and arrhythmia will be observed until osteochondrosis is completely cured.
- The level of intracranial pressure rises, and symptoms such as a feeling of "swelling" of the head caused by severe pain, weakness and vomiting, dizziness and a sharp breakdown occur.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
A person who has experienced the symptoms of osteochondrosis of the neck in the form of pain and stiffness of movements can quickly relieve their condition. Pain relievers must be taken. Ointments will have an effective effect, they are economical in spending. Taking painkillers, you must observe the dosage and contraindications.
After relieving the patient's condition, he should consult a doctor. We must not forget that analgesics can only mask the symptoms, but not get rid of the disease. Separately, it should be noted that for pains that are reflected from the neck to the back, arms and legs, ointments are applied exclusively to the neck. But despite the fact that a person did not go to a doctor, he cannot know the exact diagnosis. And he tries to "treat" everything at once, successfully achieving only an allergic effect.
Treatment is prescribed only after a complete examination and diagnosis. It is aimed at improving blood circulation in the affected areas, relieving swelling and tension, and getting rid of pain. For this, analgesics are used in the form of ointments or injections (antispasmodics).
Important!It is necessary to take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, chondroprotectors and vitamins B 6 and B 12.
Vasodilator drugs work in different ways. These are neurotropic drugs that act to reduce the nerve impulse and myotropic, acting on the muscles themselves. Due to their action, the tone of the walls of blood vessels decreases and their lumen becomes larger, which increases blood flow to the brain.
Physiotherapy procedures will help relieve pain and relieve the patient's condition. In this disease, electrophoresis, paraffin and water procedures, magnetotherapy, ultrasound and ultraviolet irradiation are successfully used. Massage (not strong) and remedial gymnastics (regular) have proven themselves well. Wearing special medical collars will help support your head and neck.
An alternative, and in other cases an addition to treatment, is special gymnastics.
Folk remedies to relieve illness
- Gentle massage with warm honey. It is necessary to rub in very carefully, and then wrap the neck and make, thus, honey warming.
- Rubbing with compounds that warm up the sore spot. They can be alcohol-based - infusions of pepper, garlic, you can use the application of fresh parts of these plants (horseradish, onions, radishes are also suitable).
- Warm pine baths. A decoction of 0. 5 kg is being prepared. needles and 2 liters. water. This bath is taken within half an hour.
It is necessary to closely monitor the body's allergic reactions to the ingredients used and remember that these remedies alleviate but do not cure the disease.
A person who has problems with the spine in the cervical spine will have to regularly devote time to this area in order to start fully moving again and not face this problem in the future.
Speaking about the prevention of cervical osteochondrosis, it should be noted:
- the importance of diet - food should be rich in calcium and magnesium (dairy and fish products, legumes and grains) and vitamins.
- The need to devote time to maintaining the physical shape of the body (swimming is very useful), then the muscular corset of the neck will be strong enough and will reduce the load on the spine.
- The importance of excluding (or reducing the influence) from your life of factors that provoke cervical osteochondrosis. Symptoms and treatment are unpleasant and lengthy, and prevention is quite simple and easy.