Legs and arms are easy to train on performing routine care. The back remains almost passive. If it starts to hurt, the neglect, the disease will not work. And people often refer to doctors on the issues of what to do when back pain.
Why am I having back pain? This question must be answered by a doctor who will first examine bad back and gather the necessary tests and anamnesis. After the usual lifting of bags or cleaning the house can grab back. In such a situation, a run to the pharmacy, where they learn different gels and ointments. However, these tools rarely help, the cause of which is their non-drug use.
Manufacturers just need to sell a product. If the tool does not apply to medical, then any effect from it will not. Furthermore, if back pain is caused by serious diseases, then you should treat the disease, not the pain.
The website introduces readers to the fact that pain in the back can be caused by various factors. Sets them a doctor, although the feelings they can produce only pain:
- Intervertebral hernia.
- Lesions of the spine.
- Stretching of the muscles.
- Diseases of the organs in the thoracic cavity.
Some of these factors require surgical treatment, while others can be cured using a variety of ointments and massages. You should contact the doctor who will determine the nature of the pain and prescribe the correct treatment.
First of all, he finds out the reasons that led to the emergence of pain in the area of the back. They should be considered here:
- Pleural effusion in acute or chronic form. This is accompanied by shortness of breath, fever, cough.
- Pyelonephritis, urolithiasis and other diseases of the genitourinary system.
- Metastasis of cancer to the spine.
- Intervertebral hernia.
- Low back pain.
The most common causes of back pain are two opposite effects. The first of them is a sedentary lifestyle. The work of many people is that they always sit. Some willingly spend their days lying or sitting position. In any case, back pain can occur due to unnatural stress on the ligaments and small joints.
Constantly staying in one position, the load is applied on some parts of the spine and muscles. However, other groups of muscles and vertebrae can be involved. If a person suddenly begins to move, the muscles start to hurt. A sedentary lifestyle also leads to various deformities in the spine that appear later in the pain.
The second reason is exercise. Many may be surprised that sport or physical activity affect the occurrence of back pain. In fact, if the person is a long time not practicing, but suddenly begins to perform various physical actions, then it is natural to become pain. The muscles need to be trained, not suddenly loaded. Then pain will not.
Undoubtedly, movement is valuable work for the ligaments, vertebrae and muscles of the spine. However, you should do the movement moderate. No need to sit constantly in one place. Static provisions are detrimental to back in the same way as excessive load. Should moderately move that involved all regions of the spine.
What to do if there is pain in the back?
Back pain appears when the muscle weakness of the spine, various diseases, trauma and injuries, physical exertion and sudden movements. You need to listen to their own body to keep track of when you start to experience pain. What to do if you feel that your back hurts?
- Give your back a rest. Roughly speaking, you need to stay in bed until the back will not stop hurting. Here it is necessary to occupy a comfortable position. This can be a fetal position or put cushion between the legs when the person is lying on his side. To get out of bed, but you may not.
- To make use of an orthopedic corset or belt. This method will help those who can't lie. The back is necessary in this case to support. By moving, you still need to move slowly, without harshness, not to lift heavy objects, do not twist the spine and a long time not to stay in the same position.
- To take medication. It offers analgesics and anti-inflammatory drugs . Take pills after meals with milk to avoid stomach upset.
It is better if drugs are prescribed by a doctor. Here he is able to prescribe medications:
- To relieve muscle spasms.
- Enriched with b vitamins.
To eliminate acute pain, you can use these ointments and gels.
The choice is quite diverse that makes it easy to find a tool that will really help in eliminating back pain. It should be remembered that self-medication should stop and consult a doctor when such symptoms:
- The pain persists even after using anti-inflammatory drugs for 3 days.
- On the legs there are areas with poor sensitivity.
- It's impossible to find a comfortable position in a sitting position.
- There were problems with urination delay or incontinence.
- Occurred weakness in the legs.
- Increased body temperature to 38°C.
To avoid medical help should not be because we can talk about the disease of the spine, which is not treated in simple ways.
Exercises for pain in the back
To back pain have never tortured, you need to constantly engage in moderate physical exercise to strengthen the muscles of the spine. If you lead a sedentary lifestyle, then you should do the exercises when you allow your back to change position and relax. Here come exercises for the back:
- To 5 seconds to press your shoulder blades into the back of a chair, then 5 seconds to relax.
- Lower and raise the shoulders a few times.
- To reduce and raise the shoulders a few times.
- Push back on the chair for 5 seconds and then at the same time to relax.
- 4 seconds to push the chair back in the back of his head, then at the same time to relax.
These exercises will help you relax during the day. They can be diluted with other exercises. The main thing that they were made before he developed back pains. It is also possible to make them with colleagues or family members.
From a standing position you can do these exercises:
- On the inhale raise the arms forward and up, then lower and relax.
- Keep your hands on the belt, making a smooth tilts back and forth, each time returning to its original position.
- Hands placed on shoulders. Inspiratory to take them back, exhale to connect the elbows in front of chest.
- Rapidly go to the place, holding hands at the waist.
- Put hands on hips. To rise on socks, then slowly sink.
- Hands to place to the side. Inhale to lift, exhale to lower.
Good to combine exercises with sports 2-3 times a week. Exercise should be moderate loads. We should listen to the sensations in the spine.
At the necessary to take advice of a doctor, who will appoint a special complex of therapeutic exercises if back pain already present and cause discomfort. In this case, the self is better not to do to further myself not to harm.