Correct posture is essential to good health. Unfortunately, people are not born already formed posture. This needs to work. And it is during the preschool age is best to start to instill good habits and to habituate children to healthy lifestyles.
Always nice to see a man whose straight shoulders, straight back and an easy gait. These people more confident. And Vice versa. It is sad to see a passer-by, with bent back. And that's just the external factors. Bad posture leads to complications of the internal organs. Disrupted respiratory and Central nervous system, reduced lung capacity and shortness of breath. Therefore it is very important to a child to pay attention to the formation of posture.
Posture: basic concepts
Posture is a familiar pose in which the back is upright. In the first years of life in children formed the natural curves of the spine. By the time when the child goes to school these curves are defined more clearly. The spine begins to form in the process of development and growth of the child.
Signs of correct posture:
- clavicles are at the same level;
- if you look back, scapula and shoulders are symmetrically arranged;
- head, hips and torso in one line;
- the legs have the same length.
To understand whether there is violation of the child, you need to put it right. If the blades are heavily favored, and head and shoulders tilted forward, a time to take action.
The types of posture:
- flat back;
- flat concave back;
- round back;
- round-concave back;
- bad posture.
One of the most common disorders in children is a slouch. Children do not know how to control themselves, so while reading or playing games on the computer, the back relaxed and rounded, the shoulders fall forward. This leads to a stooped posture. If time does not take measures to grow a hump, heart and lungs will cease to work normally.
Defects round or round-concave back arise at an early age. Start to stand, walk and sit the child needs at the time. At this age may begin to form the defect. Characterized by drooping shoulders, a strong curve in the spine and head tilted forward.
In children, retarded, or Vice versa, a fast growing and may be flat or concave flat back. These children quickly get tired, do not cope well with varying loads, complain of headaches. Usually, this posture leads to the development of scoliosis.
A bad back is observed in children in preschool age. This is the first sign in violation of posture. This problem occurs when the baby moves a little, he didn't have developed muscles, there is excess weight, too long sitting at the table.
Three degrees of the incorrect posture
- First: small changes in posture. Easily corrected with the help of a volitional effort. Most common in preschoolers.
- Second: signs of curvature of bearing becomes larger. Some effort to straighten the spine enough. If you take the child for armpits and lift, the violation will be eliminated. Posture can be corrected with a special diet.
- Third: when the posture is difficult to cure.
Factors influencing on the posture of children
- Proper nutrition. Be sure the diet must include foods that contain vitamins C and D. salmon, mackerel, milk, eggs, currants, citrus and legumes.
- The absence or lack of physical activity. To maintain your posture in the right form, need a good physical preparation.
- Wrong heavy school bags. Better if the weight of the container will not exceed 2 kg. So it's still worth to watch, that the child carries with him. Pick the right backpack with orthopedic back and wide comfortable straps.
- Wrong posture. You must monitor the students during the execution of home works, when they sit long at table, and especially behind the computer. Periodically to tell him about good posture. Be sure to take small breaks between long seated.
- The psychological state. Constant criticism, a lack of understanding on the part of parents increase self-esteem in children. Insecure children are more likely to slouch. Therefore, for the child is very important parenting and support.
- The mode of work and rest. It is important to observe the proportions between these classes. Many parents strive to ensure that the child attended a plurality of sections and was always doing something. Kids need physical activity. But they also needed rest
- The shape of the foot. Violation of the foot will certainly lead to changes of the spine. Regularly check your foot flat.
Test: how to determine if violations of posture
To make it easy. Put the baby to the wall so that the head, shoulders, buttocks and heels were tightly pressed to the side surface. If the posture is correct, then such a posture will not cause any inconvenience. In case of violation of the child it will be difficult to cope with such a request. And even more so to move away from the wall and stay in that position for some time.
Forming a correct posture in children
- It all starts with birth. So you should pay special attention to the development of your baby at an early age. It is in childhood, it is easier to form correct habits and to accustom the child to a healthy lifestyle.
- Constant motor activity. From an early age teach your baby to physical exercise. It can be Cycling, skating and rollerblading. Play with him outdoor games: badminton, volleyball, football.
- The rejection of incorrect poses. When children are young, it is difficult to control yourself. They do not attach much importance to how you sit, what position watching TV or eating. And in these moments a very important parental control.
- General physical preparation. In order to have a child, formed the correct posture, the hardening and exercises that increase overall body tone. Swimming and healthy sleep helps to restore the nervous system.
- Check for flat feet. Selection of proper and comfortable shoes will help the child to maintain the correct posture during the movements.
- The baby bed must be firm, preferably with an orthopedic mattress.
- Exercises, contributing to the development of correct posture — a set of exercises to strengthen back muscles, shoulder girdle, abdominals, flexibility, joint mobility, training of the respiratory system.
Exercises for correct posture
- Unloading of the spine. Twice a day lie on a hard surface. It is enough 15 minutes for each time.
- Horizontal bar. Hang in calm state on the horizontal bar. Time: how much is enough force.
- Straight back. Up against the wall, tightly clutching the head, buttocks and heels. Moving away from the wall, sit down and stand up, taking the right position.
- "Swallow". Feet together, arms down. The retracting one leg back, hands bred to the sides. Stand half a minute. Then change legs.
- Walking around the room. Go, alternating between different options: on tiptoes, on heels, on the outer edges of the feet.
Games for the prevention of violations of posture
- Ball game. Aimed at strengthening the shoulder girdle and good posture. You need to get to the basket with the ball, throwing it with two hands from behind the head.
- Game with a rope. For developing balance and strengthening muscles. The floor was covered with rope and the kids go through it like a tightrope. In this case you should try to go with a flat back, hands to dissolve in hand.
- Play with a toy. Strengthens back muscles, helps to maintain balance. The child leans forward on his back is placed soft toy. He must take the burden to a certain place. During the movement of the head can not be lowered and your back should keep straight.
Means of rehabilitation
The rehabilitation process of the children is quite long and consists of physical, medical and psychological assistance.
One of the main ways of treatment is considered posture therapeutic exercise (physical therapy). It aims to increase physical endurance, strengthen muscle, develop coordination, the ability to control your body. A special set of exercises, given the development of your baby, will help you choose a specialist.
The necessary method of treatment is massage. It is indicated for any change of posture, aimed at strengthening the muscles, reduce pain and relieve tension. The right kind of massage will select the specialist after examination.
Hydrokinesotherapy or aqua gymnastics is a useful and necessary form of rehabilitation, which kids love. Water exercise is easier to do. All movements are performed under the supervision of a specialist. Takes into account different degrees of disorders of posture, therefore, the complex of exercises is chosen individually. Method is not medical. However, in combination with gymnastics gives excellent results.
In this type of treatment, it is necessary to select the most suitable climate for your baby. It is useful to treatments in the fresh air — air bath, swimming, sunbathing. When choosing a resort it is better to consult a doctor who understands geographical climates.
Pelotherapy — mud treatment, a simple and effective method in the treatment of the spine. Beneficial microorganisms included in the composition of medicinal mud have a relaxing, soothing and analgesic effect on the body. However, due to the fact that in children is still poorly developed immune system, there are contraindications for therapy. And it is important to follow the recommendations of your pediatrician.
Balneotherapy is the composition of different procedures for recovery, which uses fresh, sea or salt water. When violations of posture useful contrast shower. The water pressure, its composition, temperature — all this together strengthens the musculoskeletal system, the muscular system, promotes joint mobility.
Apparatus for physical therapy are devices that have a medical impact on the child using electric current, laser radiation, heat, magnetic field etc. Electrophoresis helps the medicines to penetrate deeper through the skin, relieving pain. In conjunction with other procedures such therapy increases the effectiveness of treatment.
An important role in our lives plays a proper posture. At an early age to pay attention to the child's physical activity. To rectify the consequences of improper upbringing is always more difficult than to teach since childhood, good habits. Pay attention to a variety of factors: like sitting, standing and moving your baby. Help him to grow up successful and healthy.